Marketing and branding are key components to having a sustainable brand and/or organization. Many people waste an enormous amount of money on marketing, and too much time on branding without a plan. Here are 7 common marketing mistakes most people make.
1. Failing to focus on the aspects of their offer that will help people survive and thrive. Everyone is focused on the basic need to survive and thrive relationally, spiritually, emotionally, or physically. (Read: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs)
2. Failing to realize that times are changing. Society has changed due to digital advancements, some say we are now in the “2nd Machine Age” and companies need to evolve or die. (Read: The 2nd Machine Age)
3. Underestimating the power of story. You have to give your customers a compelling story where they are the hero before you start asking for their hard earned money. There is no sale without a story. (Read: Building a
4. Being too aggressive for this digital day and age. Millennials are on the lookout for greedy,
5. Confusing the customer. If you confuse your customer, you’ll lose your customer. Noise is the enemy, and clarity is king. The most powerful PROVEN method we can use to organize information in a clear and concise manner is “story”. (Read: Building a
6. Failing to communicate what makes their company remarkable compared to the competition. (Read: The Purple Cow)
7. Forgetting to “START WITH WHY” their brand, product, or services exist in the first place. (Read: Start With Why)
CAREER ADVICE Invest In Yourself Investing in yourself, sends a powerful message to the world. That message says I believe in me! I’m valuable, and the potential within me is important and worth the time, space and energy I’m going to give it to grow, and create...
CAREER ADVICE Branding Tips Branding is the marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product or person from others. An effective brand strategy gives you a major edge in increasingly competitive markets. But what...
CAREER ADVICE Benefits of Dance Dance Can Reduces Stress - If you’re feeling tense or stressed out, you might want to grab a partner, turn up the music, and dance! In a controlled study in the Journal of Applied Gerontology, researchers found that dance and musical...